-->
 

0 Comments HTC Desire vs. Samsung Galaxy S



I have finally decided to let go of my HTC Touch Dual after using it for 2 years. The experience has been mostly positive though I did have some problems with the touch screen and had to get a new one about 6 months ago. Anyway…
 
With so many new phones in the market, buying a phone can be laborious. For about 2 months now, I have been waiting for the launch of HTC Desire in India and now that it is finally available, I have a problem. At the Delhi airport recently, I could lay my hands on a Samsung Galaxy S and I have to say, I was impressed. More than anything else, by the 4-inch touch screen.
A difficult choice. I re-reviewed several reviews (!!) on Engadget, Gizmodo and numerous other TechLogs…you name it and I have probably been there. I laboriously scanned through thousands of comments from users and non-users on forums (e.g.. here). I even posted a status message on Facebook and tried to get more views. At the end, here is my summary for anyone who cares:
HTC Desire
Samsung Galaxy S
 Pros

  • Spandragon 1GHz

  • 3.7” AMOLED Screen

  • (Already updated to) FroYo (Android 2.2)

  • Sturdy built quality

  • 5 MP Camera, with Flash

  • Excellent UI (HTC Sense)
 Pros

  • Hummingbird 1GHz

  • 4” Super AMOLED Screen

  • Swype

  • 8GB/16GB + 512MB Dedicated Memory

  • Superior Gaming Experience
 Cons

  • Inferior display in bright sunlight

  • 576MB Shared Memory

  • Poor battery life (expected to improve with FroYo)
 Cons

  • 5 MP Camera, No Flash

  • Plastic body; low-cost iPhone feel

  • TouchWiz UI, not even remotely as good as HTC Sense

  • Eclair (Android 2.1), FroYo update expected

  • Slightly more expensive
I was always leaning towards HTC Desire, given my positive experience with HTC over the last two years. And when they announced the FroYo update for Desire, the choice was made. What do you think?
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "HTC Desire vs. Samsung Galaxy S"

Post a Comment




Book Recommendations

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails